Tuesday, July 22, 2008

OUR CONCLUSION AND PERSONAL REFLECTION (CONT'D)

Yuvan's

This ITLG project is very useful because social networking sites are the in thing now and are gaining popularity around the. Nearly everyone in Singapore is a member of some form of social networking
And although it’s a social norm nowadays I didn’t realize that all is not good with social networking sites. From this project I learnt a lot of pitfalls and problems in being a social networking site member may it be Friendster, Facebook or Myspace. Our personal information might be exposed by the social networking site and a lot of internet thieves are lurking around so if your personal information gets into their hands then you are in trouble. I also learnt not to reveal too much information about myself in social networking because the information might just be used against me in future. So basically this project has been an enriching experience for me to learn about social networking sites and their pitfalls.

Mohaan's

The ITLG project was very useful and worthwhile because of the alarming popularity rate of social networking sites. Nearly everyone in the world is a can be associated with any one form of social networking.
Despite the fact that social networking seems to be much of a commodity nowadays, I did not realize that there were certain issues pertaining to social networking sites and its users. Through this project, I have learnt the various pitfalls and problems fixed to them. Privacy issues were the main topic widely covered in this aspect of social networking. I encountered several online articles of legal proceedings between social networking sites and its users in view of the users’ privacy being violated by that particular site. I learnt that revealing too much of information on your profile with a social networking site is a very dangerous thing to do and would never do such a thing myself as I know to what extent of a fraud or identity theft it could lead to.
Overall, this project was an eye-opener to me on social networking sites and its pitfalls.

No comments: